Sunday, January 20, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Dive

This 5minute Friday is well over a week late. I know. I decided to write it anyway, since this is one of the experiences I decided to do to help achieve my be-a-better-writer resolution. Also, I sat down to write the latest 5minute Friday and this one started pressing on me instead.

GO
I really, really wanted to dive into this year. I wanted to be amazing in mommyness, at work, as a fiance, at everything. Except I couldn't. My children are having a hard time adjusting, I'm only working a few days a week for lack of work, and I'm PMS-ing for the first time in a year. It's hard. So last week, I decide to trust. Trust the Lord and trust my family. I didn't give up, but I decided not to dive, to wallow and survive instead. I just started to build up steam this weekend. We went on a roadtrip to see some of my family. What started out simple led to finding our 'dream' house: a fixer-upper with 4 bedrooms, 2 baths, 2 stories, a basement, a yard, and perfectly in our price range. (and 2 hours away from where we are...)We hadn't been actively looking for a house, in spite of talking about moving for months. We were on our way out of town and stopped at a gas station when we got a text from my dad asking if he could show us a house real quick, while we were so close. Sure, why not. So we turned and headed back. My fiance decided when we arrived home that he was ready to move. We rip out the floor next month and replace it with the goal to move in 60 days.

How's that for a dive?

STOP



The back of my  new kitchen drawers

No comments:

Post a Comment