Monday, September 30, 2013

31 Days of Whole 30



Today, I'm sitting here enjoying my refried beans with chips and queso (and finishing with a cold, full-sugar, full-caff Dr Pepper.) REALLY enjoying it. I'm about to lick the plate.

Tomorrow, I'm starting a journey. 31 Days of Whole30 as part of the 31 Days of Blogging with the Nester.

The


I'm trying doing the Whole30 program. (Coincidentally, it's also October Unprocessed.)
October Unprocessed 2013

What I WON'T eat:
Beans, dairy, corn, grains, legumes, gluten, alcohol, most processed foods, white potatoes, nitrates, juice, soda, added sugars, carrageenan, or MSG... it feels like a lot! I also can't 'Paleofy' food, which means I can't use almond flour or make pizza with cauliflower crust.

What I WILL eat:
Meat, eggs, vegetables, leafy greens, spices, water, and moderate amounts of fruit.

WHY AM I DOING THIS??
I have a few health issues that I feel are detrimental to my quality of life, mainly extreme joint pain that makes it difficult to walk, and 'eczema'  that splits open and makes me bleed everywhere, it burns and itches, and makes it almost impossible for me to open jars and bottles of water. I also have chronic iritis, which I've been told is most likely cause by whatever is causing my hip pain... so if I can fix the hips, I may be able to fix the eyes.

I also have the 'wheat belly' that I'm concerned will raise my chances for health issues in the future. I know one of my kids for sure is very sensitive to additives and artificial coloring in food.

My goal with this is TO FEEL BETTER about myself, my health, and the health of my family. I don't know how it will go or whether we'll stick with it after 30 days are over, but 30 days is really a small drop in the bucket compared to my health or my life.

(PS, when I say 30, it means 31. I hate it when plans don't match the calendar and October has 31 days... so I'll be whole30 for 31 days.)

Day 1
Day 2
Day 3
Day 4
Day 5&6 (no pics)
Day 7 (no pics)
Day 8 (MY PHONE BROKE NO PICS TIL I FIND THE CAMERA)
Day 9&10

1 comment:

  1. I'm doing Whole 30 this month, too! I'm excited to find others doing this and I'll be following your posts!

    ReplyDelete